Friday, May 29, 2020

Harley quilt progress

It got a little crazy around here the last couple of days with the roof and doing my job, but I managed to get a bit more of the Harley quilt quilted. I am now 86% done! I just had this one corner left to quilt.
The roof was completed except for the skylight. Somebody - not me - didn't measure correctly and the one that was on site was too big. LOL!! The contractor will be back to install it once he gets the right size. Meanwhile the new roof looks beautiful! This is a shot of the backside of the garage from my deck.

I also got a bit more cleanup done in the garage. I am trying to be brutal and get rid of stuff I have been saving just in case I might need it. For example since I now have only one more window to trim out, I pitched all the extra extension jam material I had only keeping what I need for that one window. Why keep all the leftover? I loaded the car with the items that will be going to the Goodwill and will deliver those on a day it is not raining like it is today. I just scratch my head and wonder how it gets so bad! LOL!!

4 comments:

barbara woods said...

It has rained so much here that we are 17 inch's over normal

Vicki W said...

That's how I felt while cleaning out the basement. I think we just fill the space that we have.

Pauline Michaud said...

Congratulations on your progress... I'm sure it feels good! Vicki's right... we fill up the spaces we have. My husband and I have been talking about getting a shed built in the backyard because the storage in the garage is limited, but now I'm starting to wonder if that's a good idea. I'm trying to imagine what we would store in the shed and how often we would use it, and I'm worried it will become another stockpile area (other than for garden tools). So far, I haven't rushed to contact the contractor as I want to make sure we're doing the right thing for the right reason. We've also been mindful of social distancing now that my husband's mother lives with us. Our back yard is a blank slate... previous owners basically had grass and a fence. I'm going to start creating planting beds so I can plant some hostas and such... most of the back yard is partial sun/shade (except for the deck which is full sun). Really looking forward to spending time outdoors this year.... I didn't see much of it last year.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It looks like a May finish on the Harley quilt if you do a machine finish binding. Your roof looks great. I had the same problem with skylights, wrong size delivered first. Luckily mine was just a mix up with some one else so they returned those and brought the right ones.