Monday, May 18, 2020

Harley quilt, masks, yardwork

It has been a busy three days! I managed to get 25% of the Harley quilt quilted. The area done is outlined in green.

A fellow I work with wanted a couple masks. He picked out the fabric and I got them it the mail to him on Saturday.
I had received my rebate coupon for the utility/laundry room flooring I had bought so it was time to head to the store and cash it in for weed & feed, potting soil, tomato cages which I will use for squash, seeds, and some plants. I did spend a bit more than the coupon. It was easy to do!
I got the fescue planted. They are so cute!
I had space between the fescue and a clump of Shasta daisies so threw down some marigold seeds. My mom always planted marigolds and the deer won't eat them.

The row of Shasta daisies in my flower bed at the curb had a clump of plants right in the middle that were small. It looked bad last year and they still didn't get big enough to fill in the space so I dug up a bigger plant and moved the low, smaller plant into the spot where the bigger plant was. The front looks much better with the bigger plant. The transplant is a bit wilted, but with rain in the forecast over the next seven days, Mother Nature will help it recover.

Since my neighbors replaced their fence in the back I need to redo the bed on my side. This is where I planted my squash last year. I dumped the left over dirt that was in storage in my driveway last fall and I have never spread it out. I got started by pulling out rocks, pulling weeds, leveling the ground, moving some dirt and began to put the rocks back. This job is going to take a while! What a mess!
After about 4 hours it was getting too hot outside so I went inside, got something to eat, and then started on some mending for my neighbor. Got the mending done! Patched the jeans, shorten sleeves, and fixed some seams that had come apart. My neighbor is going to help me cut down some unruly bushes in trade for the mending. I think I am getting the best part of the deal!

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

That mending is a great trade!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You had a good variety of things to work on. If you get the rain we had over the weekend it will be more than enough to perk up those plants.

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

Love that you trade mending for yard work!

Ann said...

You have been busy. I love shasta daisies. And how nice that you and your neighbors trade chores.