Sunday, May 10, 2020

Finally pin basted

I finally got the Harley quilt pin basted. I also have bobbins wound so I can start free motion machine quilting it. The light bulb on my machine burnt out and I can't get up in there to change the bulb. So frustrating! I may have to email my repair guy and see if he can give me some pointers. I looked at the directions in the manual and I still can't get my fingers up in there to change the bulb. Since this quilt is mostly black I will have to work on it during daylight hours after work.

It has been cold here and we have had snow. Really? I am so over the weather!

Tomorrow I may have to a yucky job. This doe has been hanging around. She looks like she has been hit by a car a while ago. There is a big patch of fur missing on her left shoulder and she cannot put weight on her right rear leg so she is limping badly. Well she had a fawn last night, but it didn't survive. I saw her this morning licking it and it didn't move. She doesn't wander away from it too far and keep coming back to see it. The fawn in the grassy area of my yard so I am going to have to move it. Not looking forward to that.

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I have a small Ott light that I sit behind one machine in my basement and it puts enough light on my machine that I can even sew black. I have a clip on light clipped to the Sew Steady table around another machine and it works well too. You could get a small flashlight and tape it to your machine. I know how hard it is to get those light bulbs in the Pfaff. I think I worked on mine over a half hour and finally got it in.

Vicki W said...

Well if you can tolerate them the vultures will come and clean that up in no time. It was cold here this weekend too but I was able to get out yesterday for about an hour to get some sun. So glad you can get back to quilting!

abelian said...

I don't know where the bulb is located in your machine, but I've seen a hint for other machines with tight clearances around the bulb. From a hardware store, get some vinyl tubing, 1" outer diameter, 3/4" inner diameter, and cut a piece about 3" long. With a box cutter blade, cut several 1/4" lengthwise slits in one end, so it will expand a bit. Put your thumb in the uncut end and slide the end with the slits over the bulb. Rotate to unscrew the bulb. Hope that helps!

Ann said...

My lightbulb is also murder to change out. I have an Ott light like Wanda that's a big help but I also try to sew during the daylight hours like you.
So sorry to read about the doe and her fawn. And that you will have to find a way to remove the body.