Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Some quilting, fawn and bulb updates

I have been busy. I finally went to the grocery store after 5 weeks. It sure is a lot of work buying enough groceries for at least 4 - 5 weeks. Wiping everything down, hauling it all in the house, and putting it all away is a lot of work! I am grateful that I still have the ability to buy groceries when so many don't have the income to feed their families. It is just so different buying that many groceries at one time! I just want to limit my exposure. Since it was cold yesterday morning at 6:30 a.m.- 38 degrees - and it was raining, there were not many people in the stores which is what I figured so that is why I made the effort to get up early and get this job done.

I did get started on quilting the Harley quilt.

The sewing machine bulb - it finally dawned on me to try to put on one of my Playtex gloves to try and grip the bulb. It worked beautifully! I had the bulb change in less than a minute! Thanks to everyone with their suggestions! With the bulb shedding light, it makes it so much easier to quilt especially since the Harley quilt is mostly black.

The fawn - I finally went outside yesterday to work in the yard. We are forecasted to get rain for the next 5 days so I needed to get the grass mowed. The front yard wasn't all that bad, but the side yard and the back yard had not been mowed yet this year. The side yard was covered with sticks from the neighbor's trees, so I raked and picked up two wheelbarrow of sticks so I could mow. It took me 3 hours to pick up sticks and mow. I went down to where the fawn was and it was gone. Something took it. There are a lot of predatory birds around here, but I am not sure who got an easy meal and frankly I don't care. I am just glad I didn't have to deal with it!

3 comments:

Ann said...

Clever idea for changing the bulb. Thanks. I'll try it next time myself. And I'm glad something could use the fawn.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

My mother always made a list for grocery shopping that spanned 2 weeks because she didn't drive and dad being a dairy farmer with crop fields didn't always have time to take her more often. I was so used to stopping at the store 7 blocks away and picking up a few things every 3-4 days. Like you I find it hard to shop for several weeks. I don't want to go more often either.

Vicki W said...

So glad you didn't have to deal with the fawn. Mother Nature can be very helpful. Maybe you have coyotes around. We have tons of them here.