Wednesday, May 27, 2020

A busy day around here

Yesterday the roofers showed up and got a lot done. They worked until about 2:30 then stopped because it was so hot - 89 degrees. They got the house done, but are coming back to do the garage. They had to take off the satellite dish to shingle under it. When they put it back I had no signal. I called my provider and they gave me an appointment for June 1! Being alone the tv was company. The good news is I got a recorded phone message that they will be here today between noon and 2 to realign my dish. Yeah!
I had forgotten about planting the marigold seeds and panicked that the heat may have killed them. I looked at them about 6 p.m. and saw a lot of little plants so I gave them a big drink of water. Marigolds are tough and I think they will be fine.

I went back outside at 8 p.m. to mow since the front and side yards were completely shaded by then. It was still hot and the sweat was running in my eyes. The grass had gone wild and needed a haircut badly. I was too wiped out to trim.

3 comments:

Kathy S. said...

Ugh on no tv. So glad they are coming to align it today!
Yeah for the marigolds! I love marigolds and plant them every year. Some years they get nice and bushy. Some years they are just one tall stalk.

I buy plants for the front flowerbed and use seeds (or even seeds from the previous marigolds) in the garden and other flowering places. This year I have planted one plant over and over. The four kittens on our porch keep using that spot for a litter box and continue to pull the plant out and throw it on the sidewalk! Little stinkers -- literally.

The roofing excitement will be done soon. It's sometimes fun to have a little excitement. We had a guy come up our driveway looking for the neighbors (they sell a lot of stuff on Craigslist). That was our excitement for one morning. I love boring days!

Vicki W said...

It's so nice to have a new roof! I was amazed at how fast they work when they did ours several years ago.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad they got so much done the first day. It is hot here too but not quite as hot as you. Very humid though. I did turn on the a/c units today to make sure they are working OK. One of them is getting pretty old.