Friday, May 22, 2020

On the downside

I have gotten a lot of quilting done on the Harley quilt the last two days. I now have it 56% quilted.

I worked in the yard for three hours last night and three hours Wednesday night. Since there is a lot of rain in the forecast, I have to get out and work in the yard whenever I can. I have been mowing a lot! The grass has been growing like crazy with all the rain so I end up mowing a couple times a week. After finishing up mowing the area I didn't get done Wednesday, I decided to clean up the area under the deck. I had used this area for my extra cora bells. I have a contractor coming next week to give me an estimate on replacing my rotted deck so I wanted to get the area cleaned up.

I dug up more than a dozen plants, cleaned up the leaves and weeds, then transplanted the cora bells into the bed at the side of the garage. I weeded the bed as I transplanted, gave them a good drink of water and now I just have to wait for them to perk back up. The cora bells that were already in this bed are looking so much better this year and some of the plants have shot up flower stalks. The hummingbirds like these so I will have to watch for them.

I am still tired this morning and I am sore from crawling around last night, but I will be ok.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Your flower bed is so pretty with the rock edge that you worked so hard on last year!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You are moving right along with the quilting on the Harley quilt. That is hard work for the arms and shoulders too, just not the bending of gardening.