Monday, May 4, 2020

Busy weekend

I was happy to get so much done this weekend. The weather was beautiful and having the windows open was so nice! I spent time making masks and here is the pile of 80.
I decided to cut up some fabric I have been saving for years and turn it into blocks then eventually quilts. Here is the before pile.
the after. I saved the yardage here to make backing for the future quilts.

I also went thru my stash looking for dark blue, dark tans, and off whites, that would go with the marron and wine fabrics I had cut. Here are the strips hanging on the design wall just waiting to be made into blocks. It was a two days of cutting to make all these strips of fabric.
I even took the time to cut up the scraps instead of just chucking them into a scrap bin.
While I was waiting for some off white fabric to be washed and dried, I sewed together the backing for the Harley quilt.

Mowing the grass rounded out the weekend.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That was a busy weekend. Do they really feel like weekends though now that you are home all of the time? You are just getting a preview of retirement weeks.

Vicki W said...

I'm so glad you got to do something other than masks even if it was just cutting. Those are some great fabric parings that you are doing.