Thursday, April 9, 2020

More masks, seeds, and elastic

I got another 14 masks made yesterday. So now I have a bag of 20 ready for someone at work to pick up.

Everyday I look to see if there is any sprouting of my seeds and I saw one this morning! Other seeds are swollen and look like they will be sprouting very soon. I will have to get outside and start prepping the area where I will be planting theses. I did get some organic lime which I hope will help keep the squash plants happier than they were last year.

The governor in Ohio is Mike DeWine. He gives a coronavirus update everyday at 2 p.m. and now it is a thing to pour yourself a glass of wine and have wine with DeWine. I don't drink wine so instead I have a Mike's with Mike.

My brother and SIL stopped over yesterday to pu their face masks. My brother wanted elastic on his so while they waited outside I did an alteration on his mask. He has been cleaning out the garage and found 14 yards of 1/2" elastic! I cut a small piece of the elastic and cut it lengthwise. I pulled on it to see how badly it would fray and it didn't fray at all! That means I can make around 69! Glory I am going to be busy!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I will try that with some of my wider elastic and then I can make some more masks too.

Vicki W said...

Great to hear that you can cut your elastic. Having Mike's with Mike sounds like a great way to take a break.