Saturday, April 18, 2020

Masks, elastic and more snow

I got 11 more masks made and on Friday handed over a total of 31 with ties.
The good news is that yesterday I received the elastic! I cut two hanks up getting ready for some serious mask making. Your looking at 200 meters or 218 yards of elastic.
The bad news is the fabric I ordered for making masks, as of yesterday, has not shipped. Things are slow out there because of reduced staffs and everyone is ordering online. I will just dig thru my stash and just use whatever fabric I don't have a problem with leaving my stash. When the girl picked up the masks on Friday she told me that some of the guys are wearing the masks with the crazy batik facing out! They like the wacky palm trees fabric I had used. Who knew! The fabric on the back of this mask and the loose piece were from the same piece of fabric. The colors varied wildly.

Yesterday it snowed here in NE Ohio from 9:30 until about 4 p.m. After that it rained. I hope this is the last of the snow for this year!

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

I found that people also preferred the crazy ones over the sedate ones too.

barbara woods said...

Just think when you'll move you may never have snow again

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That looks like enough elastic to finish up your quota. Every time I think I'm done I get some more requests.