Friday, April 10, 2020

Cranking up mask making

At work my only job now is to make masks. They want a lot - 150 now and eventually 300. I got the first 30 with elastic done and handed over with the masks with ties.

I was texting my sister and she said her husband wanted to make masks for his workers. He ordered two roll of elastic. What!? I asked her where and she said - wait for it - ebay! Why it did not dawn on me to look there, well that is a different discussion! I needed more elastic for work so I have 200 yards coming, plus black fabric, a batik for the backside, and thread. I did find odd and ends of elastic so I will use that to get as many masks as I can by Monday.

When I looked at the window this morning it was snowing! The snow is all melted now at and it is sunny out, but the wind is very cool.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

Well done!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That's a lot of masks to make!

Ann said...

I'm glad you've found some places that really want your masks. And that your BIL found supplies. Yay.
Oh, the snow looks beautiful in the early morning.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I'm glad YOU got that snow and not us. April 10 is supposed to be warmer, more friendly. Good of you to stitch all those mask. I gave mine away and when I ran down to Walmart I had to fold a bandana. Oh well, it matched my sweatshirt.
Be well and safe.
xx, Carol