Tuesday, April 21, 2020

Cutting and straightening up

I needed to go thru my stash and find more fabric for masks so I spent all day yesterday going thru each pile of fabric on the shelves, pulling out fabric to cut for masks, throwing all the scraps in a bin, and straightening out the pile to put back on the shelves. Here are the shelves before and after.
I already had plenty of scraps and now I have another bin! Yikes! LOL!!

I did find some heavier weight fabric that I am going to make tote bags out of for the band's merchandise booth. The band won't be playing anytime soon, but I will be ready when they do!

I found a couple UFOs too. The green embroidered blocks and fabric must have come from an auction.
Then I found this pile of strips I had cut for oversized 9 patch blocks.
It dawned on me that I need to save my full with of fabric trimmings to use to tie up my plants that is if it ever gets warm enough to plant anything! So now I have a nice little pile with more to come since I have more masks to cut out.

Here is my pile of batiks and my pile of cotton prints that I will be turning into masks. I have no idea how many I cut. Last time I checked the fabric I ordered to make masks has not been shipped. I need to get some masks into the company employees hands.

4 comments:

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

You’d shelves look great. It is so gratifying to see straight piles. Although mine don’t last long!

Thanks for stopping by every day to look and comment on the Quilt Show. I do appreciate it!

Vicki W said...

Seems like you can cancel that fabric order! You seem to have it well under control. Surely you are near the end of your mask making.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Isn't that fun to go through the stacks of fabric on shelves and then to put it back neatly? I love doing that.

Kaja said...

Shipping definitely takes long here at the moment, but I am grateful for what I can get! At least your fellow employees will take a little colour out into the world with them.