Thursday, April 2, 2020

Blocks done and deer

I got the rest of the blocks done. Now I have to decide how I am going to finish this top. Add sashing? Add borders? The blocks are 12" which includes the seam allowances. I will have to think about this.

It was beautiful out yesterday afternoon so I finished cutting down the ornamental grass.

The far plant was planted a long time ago and was starting to push between the rocks. I forgot to take a before picture, but here is the size of the plant now. I circled the area that I have already removed roots, but I have more I want to take out.

I hadn't seen any deer for a while, but this morning there were eight in the backyard! I took a lot of pictures, but I had two issues 1. the dappled sunlight and 2. dirty windows. I now can add washing the windows on my to do list! LOL!! In the second picture I drew an arrow to each of the deer in the picture. Between the color of the deer and the landscape, they are hard to see!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I need to clean my kitchen windows too. They are the ones I most often use for photography. Right now with the sun shining on them they look especially bad.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I planned to cut the grasses in the pond area. Guess who has made a nest right in the middle of the biggest bush..yup...those ducks. So they will stay unkept for now.
xx, Carol