Tuesday, October 8, 2019

Plan goes awry

My plan last evening was to weed for an hour or so and then sew for an hour or so. I got one block sewn together this morning. LOL!! Better than nothing I guess.

As soon as I got home from work I changed my clothes and headed to the front yard to weed the center flower bed. Here are the before and after pics. Yes, it looks better. I still need to weed the area on the far side of that mugo pine, but I got about 3/4 of the worst of it done.

I am going to have to get a load of mulch; I only have a couple more wheelbarrow loads left in the back yard.

After weeding for about 1 1/2 hours I decided to go in and sew. I went and put my old mower by the curb; let's see how long it takes for it to be scarfed up by one of the junkers. I put a note on it "Runs. Just is hard to start. Don't overfill the oil or it will run awful. Free to a good home" I hung the owner's manual on it too.
When I pushed it out to the curb my neighbor's father parked at the curb, got out and wanted to say hello. He is a nice fellow so we talked a bit and then his daughter, my neighbor, pulled in and she joined the conversation. Well, a half hour later we finally parted ways. It was now 6:30. Had to do a load of laundry and get something to eat so by that time the evening was gone and no sewing happened. Oh well.

1 comment:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Time gets away from me that way too. This is not advice...just chatting. My sewing room is off the dining room which opens to the living room. I was feeling like I was leaving Terry alone in the living room when I was in my sewing room so I moved one of my machines to the dining room table. I sew a lot more now plus I can leave the clutter in my room since I can't trust the Devil Dog Harley to leave my stuff alone when we go away. It's a doggy retaliation thing for being left home. Your gardens look great. I'm done weeding for the year. Next comes cutting back and raking leaves so I have a small break. Our first frost should happen within the next two weeks..according to the Farmer's Almanac.
xx, Carol