Friday, October 25, 2019

Now it's done

When I got home from work I decided I needed to power wash the driveway because there was a coating of dirt I couldn't sweep up. I also got the bare dirt damp so I could thrown down some grass seed. Now this job is done.

Next I fixed a hoodie of one of the guys at the civil job. A section of the seam got missed when the sleeve was surged. Took all of 5 minutes.

I sewed together the last row I had laid out for the pink flannel quilt.

I know I won't have enough of the 6 1/2" blocks so I cut a few more with the bit of flannel I still had. I might have to make a few more four patch blocks too. I have some narrower strips that I can use for those.

This weekend will be all about working on the pink flannel quilt and cleaning out my garage. I can't stand the garage anymore! So far this week I took a snow shovel from a previous job to the trailer I work at now. That is one less thing! LOL!!

Then the group over at the hospital needed a microwave. I had an extra one that has been sitting unused for 4 1/2 years so I dropped it off this morning. It was in the utility room, but I was glad to get it out of the house.

So for the weekend I plan on loading up the SUV with stuff from the garage I no longer need and making at least one trip to Goodwill this weekend. I also want to get some serious time in on the flannel quilt. Have a great weekend!

6 comments:

Frog Quilter said...

Busy, busy you remind me of a younger year. You go girl.

Vicki W said...

The person with the sweatshirt now thinks that you are a magician! Have a great weekend.

barbara woods said...

one awoke to pouring rain that we needed bad but hope you get your list donw

Pauline Michaud said...

Way to go! It always feels good to move stuff we don't use out of the house. I'm hoping to be able to work on some quilting tomorrow - first signifiant sewing since this spring! I've got some more stuff I want to get rid of now that we've moved and I know what fits where. My goal is to try to get rid of this stuff by mid-November.... fingers crossed. Hope you have a great, productive weekend.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

you are a busy person. Terry and I pretty much do a little every day as we can and pretty soon it all gets done. We worked on the garage this summer and I was so happy it was clean out and organized. Then my daughter need a place to temporarily store some items until January. That took up 1/2 of a stall. Yet the "clean up" continues, even at a snail's pace, it DOES get done. There are tunnels in the back yard. Larger than a mole would make. The dogs have the need to dig them up.I suspect whatever it is comes from the vacant house next door. Have a good weekend. We will be rain and colder in northern Indiana.
xx, Carol

Ann said...

I’m not sure that my previous comment went through so here it is again.
Your quilt made me laugh because we are so alike. I spend loads of time figuring out how to make “not quite enough” fabric fill out the remaining space. And it always looks better for the effort, doesn’t it?
It’s good to find new homes for your extra items. Have a good weekend.