Thursday, October 24, 2019

A little sewing and the dirt has left the driveway

I managed to get two rows sewn together before I went to bed. I might have to make more of the four patch blocks unless I put a really wide border on this quilt. I have one more row that I had previously laid out so I will sew that together and go from there.

I didn't get home until 5, but as soon as I did I decided to work on the dirt pile. To refresh your memory this is where I left if

I was shoveling dirt into the wheelbarrow for the 4th load when I heard a noise. I figured out that the axel for the wheel had fallen out of it's bracket. I wasn't sure if this was fixable or not so I had to come up with an alternative.
I emptied the wheelbarrow into a five gallon bucket and wheeled it over to dump it. I only had to do that 4 times and I was able to fix the wheelbarrow.

After hauling 9 loads the excess dirt has been moved, I raked the area and it is ready for some grass seed. I am so glad this job is done!

4 comments:

Frog Quilter said...


I’ve the pink beginning top. Again you were busy lol.

Vicki W said...

Determined and resourceful!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You got the dirt removal job done just in time for the first snow. It is predicted to hit here next Wednesday.

barbara woods said...

it's called backbone, when it needs to be done we will do it one way or another