Thursday, October 10, 2019

A few more done

5 - I got 5 more blocks sewn together. I have 7 more to sew and then I can finally start sewing together tops.

Yesterday my neighbor had to have their sanitary piping replaced which meant the sewer guys had to dig down 11 feet to get to the pipe. The best part was that they didn't run into the water or gas lines. Now they have a huge mound of dirt sitting in their front yard and will have to wait until it settles before doing much to fix the damaged lawn. It is amazing how much they dig out and how only part of it goes back in the ditch! My neighbor told me that the guys hauled away one truck load of dirt because there was so much of it. Crazy!

When I was walking to my meeting at the hospital yesterday I saw something I had never noticed before. The storm drains have a fish on them. I like that fish. I may have to do a rubbing.


Elaine M said...

Love all your 16 patches. I was given a box of solids so I need to cut some strips. We replaced our sewer line 4 years ago. The plumber dug 2 holes, 1 at the house, 1 at the street and had a machine that pulled a flexible replacement through the old pipes. 3 hours later done and no mound of dirt in our front yard.

barbara woods said...

cute fish

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It sounds to me like there will be a lot spot after settling with them hauling away some of the dirt. And I imagine they took the good black topsoil and left the clay.

Kaja said...

I love that fish!