Wednesday, October 23, 2019

A quilt, a concert, a fence

This quilt I made back in 2011 has found a recipient.

It went to
I got a text from my brother late last night that Ray loved the quilt.

My brother is on tour with him and I went to see some of the concert last night. Before the show I went backstage and got to see the set up and Ray's very expensive guitars.
There was an opening act of cousins that played for 45 minutes.
Then Ray - he is on the right

I didn't stay long - I get up at 5 a.m. so for me it was getting very late. It was good to see my brother that I hadn't seen since May.

My neighbor put up a new fence. You may have noticed the old fence from my pictures of the squash. Here it is leaning up against their house.

Here is the new one.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

What a fun evening!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is a nice new fence. Will you plant the squash in the same location next year?

Ann said...

What a lovely quilt. The light background fabrics work together very well. I'm glad it found a good home.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I enbiggend the pic of the quilt. Like those guitar focals you used. My grandson plays base during his Church's sunday service. I buy him lots of things guitar related. I should add a guitar quilt to the list, right after the Blackhawk one I have planned. I haven't seen fence like your neighbor's new one. We have privacy fence around our property. Fence next to the house to our property line must be replaced in the spring. I'm thinking that we will put vinyl fence sections there so we never have to do it again.
xx, Carol