Thursday, October 17, 2019

Change in plans

The 16 patch quilt tops is going to have to be put on hold. I recently found out that the wife of a fellow I work with is going thru some medical issues. Time for a flannel quilt to be made for her. I had cut up a lot of my pink flannel in the last year so it was time to dig out the box where I stored the pieces and parts

I had cut 6 1/2 blocks and assembled four patches. These are the piles after I already started to place them on the design wall.

Here is what I have so far

In the box I still have a bit of yardage I can cut into 6 1/2" squares, strips that I could cut 3 1/2" blocks or the tiny strips for the four patches, and binding ready to go.

Here is the yardage for the backing

The only item I need to check on is quilting thread, otherwise I have everything I need to put this quilt together.

Yesterday I was at the hospital for the Owner's meeting. Here is a picture of what will end up being an operating room.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

You are nothing if not flexible! I assume pink is her happy color!

Frog Quilter said...

Love the pink top. Really nice!

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

At first I thought...Mary should keep a pink quilt on hand for just this situation. Then I thought about my spiritual thoughts on making a quilt for a sick person. I believe a thought is a prayer and stitching a quilt for a person has the stitcher thinking of the ill person pretty often so in essence I believe these are prayer quilts.
xx, Carol