Monday, January 8, 2024

I'm back

Having two weeks off from work was great. I kept as busy as I could, but when I got tired, I sat down. I will start off by showing Joie in her Christmas sweater that she already had and the tutu I made her. The outfit was a big hit!
I had Xmas with my family on the 23rd. I made pie and we had lots of food. We had a good time hanging out and eating.
I stayed home as much as I could other than a couple trips to the grocery store and to the tire shop to get my tires rotated and new brakes on the car. I did finish a couple cross stitch smalls
fixed my nephew's keyboard bag that I had made him about a year ago. I didn't secure the strap on as well as I should have. I resewed every seam and connection in the bag. I also took measurements in case he needs a new bag for whatever reason.
I completed this sampler. now I just need to frame it
I pulled out a box of pieces, parts, and scraps to make enough blocks for 4 baby quilts. The fourth top is partly sewn together.
I got one top pin basted
I made two scissor pouches and sewed together the odd pieces into pouches I had left from making all those pouches. I sent the odd pouches to my sister to use or share with her friends.
My sister sent me this beautiful small for Christmas.
I will show you tomorrow the projects I worked on around the house.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

Glad you had a good break! We missed you here. I love the mellow baby quilts and the tutu is perfect!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The baby quilt tops all look great. You will have them quilted fast compared to the huge quilts you have been making.
I love all of the cross stitch items. You and your sister are having fun with the smalls.