Tuesday, January 23, 2024

Soup, quilting, cross stitching, and a gift received

I had a busy evening, and it went fast! I made a big pot of bean soup. I haven't been cooking much and I needed something to take to work for lunches. I ended up with four quarts. I also made some brown rice which I will add the rice to the soup when I go to heat it up.
I got a little start on quilting; a little is better than nothing!
Yesterday at work I added just a few more stitches to that small. I added a few of the zig zags and I am now calling the stitching done. Time to make it into a small.
There are two ladies that have a floss tube videos that I watch religiously - Brenda and the Serial Starter. I love these ladies! I think we could be best friends. They are generous with their knowledge, share what they learn, inspire with what they are stitching, what fabric and charts they buy, and are loads of fun to watch! This is not the first time I have sent them something, but wanted to put together a few things I made for a Xmas present. I was late for Xmas, but it all worked out. The one lady was gone on a trip to Europe and then to a stitching retreat, so my box greeted her when she got home. My sister watched where they showed what I sent them and sent me some screen shots. Here they are showing the cards I stitched and personalized for each of them. Brenda is a huge Michigan fan and Laura is a huge Indianapolis 500 racing fan. Brenda said she was godsmacked when she saw the card.
Boxy pouches with tassels I made
Quilted pouches
Scissor pouches. I made this especially for Laura because a few months ago she said she could find her fabric scissors. I told her she can keep her scissors in the pouch, and I put a large loop on it so she can hang it up and find them.
a pillowcase for each
a project bag with a monogram fob and handmade tassle
and finally a set of four placemats. This was as much fun for me to make as for them to receive.
This was shown at the one hour and 56 minute mark. Episode 107 was especially long since it had been a month since their last video.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

What fun to see the ladies showing their gifts.
Yes, a little quilting is better than nothing. That one will be done quickly.

Vicki W said...

What perfect gifts for your new friends! I haven't heard the term flosstube. It's very clever!