Tuesday, January 9, 2024

Vacation wrap up

While I was on vacation I worked on another sampler. This one is almost done. I just have to finish stitching the background in the top row.
I worked on fixing the wood floors so I can finally install the baseboard. There was a gap in several places. I don't care for shoemolding so I needed to fill the gap.
A fellow at work has a table saw and cut the pieces I needed to fill in the gaps. I had four places I needed to do this. Here I glued the piece in place then after the glue was dried I varnished the filler pieces.
I also worked on the entry foyer to the primary bedroom. I varnished the door and frame, then put a coat of primer on the walls.
I stopped working because my hamstrings and behind were so sore from getting up and down off the floor. Now my sciatic nerve is irritated so I am taking a lot of OTC pain relievers. I hope to get back to finishing this upcoming weekend. I want to at least get the baseboard installed. The foyer needs a coat of paint and the door needs a light sanding and a second coat of varnish.

3 comments:

Cherie Moore said...

I’m thinking you need to break up your physical work time with periods of sewing time to try and avoid irritating your body…seems like a completely reasonable plan to me……of course you might feel like the physical projects take forever that way, lol. In all seriousness, I do hope you start feeling some relief.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Sciatic pain is on it's own schedule and when you think you are better it acts up again. I have been pain free for 4 months now after 4 years of off and on attacks. I don't know what I did to stop it.

Vicki W said...

I'm glad you have the job to go back to and get some rest from your vacations!