Monday, January 29, 2024

1st finish for 2024 and fabric for tote bags

I spent Friday evening straightening up the house. Saturday was a quick run to the grocery store and vacuuming before my friend showed up. She arrived about 11:00 and we sewed the rest of the day Saturday and Sunday until she left around 11:30 a.m. My friend was making pillowcases for gifts and got those done. Then she worked on some log cabin blocks. I quilted that baby quilt and on Sunday I got the binding done. I hand stitched the binding since the quilt is for a friend of my brother's. It turned out 40 3/4" x 48 1/4".
My friend brough me some fabric for my birthday and Xmas. There are two yards of each. Such fun fabric!
Here is the fabric she brought me to use for tote bags. I don't know how many yards are on that bolt, but there is a lot! The fabric is kind of stiff kind of like duck cloth. It will make some nice sturdy bags! In the bag are drapes.
I now have leftovers for meals this week from the cooking I did for us. I made salsa chicken and shortbread cookies. We never ate the Black Forest Ham I bought for sandwiches and I never cooked the bacon I had bought for breakfast. We were just too busy sewing to eat!

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Too busy to make meals, that sounds like my life.
Your first finish is really nice. I like the backing fabric too. I think I need to make a really neutral one too.

Cherie Moore said...

Fun! Your quilt finish is terrific! Guess you have some bag cutting in your future, lol. Too busy sewing to eat, is that a new kind of diet ;-)

Vicki W said...

The baby quilt turned out so nice. They will love it. You've got a lot of tote bags to make! LOL!