Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Snow? Progress on the I Spy top and food

I was suprised at the snow this morning! The plow trucks were out spreading salt yesterday and I thought they were jumping the gun but apparently not. It's going to get up to 42 today so the snow will be gone.
I did get a few more of the blue blocks sewn last evening. I have three more to sew together and then I will start on the light blocks.
While I was at my brother and SIL's for a week, they feed me very well. The first night was Taco chicken, next night Big Mama's pizza - both were so good. The rest of the week which nights we ate what is kind of a blur. My brother does most of the cooking and he made pork loin in the crockpot with potatoes and carrots - it was so good! He made bar-b-que pork sandwiches the next day with the leftovers for lunch. Then he made salmon with broccoli and crispy smashed potatoes - it was so good!
His wife doesn't like sushi and we both do so we had sushi for lunch one day. It was so good! I had some edamame too.
Another day my brother made Stanley Tucci's pasta fagioli that I have been making and now have the recipe memorized. We had leftover rice so I had that in mine with the leftovers for lunch one day. I was really good!
Wednesday night he made chicken parmesan with bucatini and Rao's marinara sauce. SO good!
Thursday night we went out to dinner with friends of my brother and SIL to a Mexican restaurant. I had the best mango margarita and a chicken burrito. It was so good!
He also made me a hot pastrami with cheese and some fabulous local rye bread for lunch one day. During the week he made banana bread and off the top of my head he made the ricotta lemon blueberry cake. The cake turned out a bit different in texture, but it was still good.
For my plane ride home, my brother packed me a snack of a chicken parm sandwich, a slice of banana bread, and I grabbed the leftover edamame. I tried to go with them to take the dog on a walk everyday around the neighborhood. They live where it is zoned for horses. It was fun to see the horses on our walks. The white horse is Susie and the brown horse is Montigo.
The landscape is so different. Some people had desert landscaping, others had a lot of palm trees, and other had grass. Cactus grows everywhere and roses were blooming in one person's yard. They smelled so good!
The LA river was along the route we walked every day.
We stopped at a neighbor so Joie could play with their dog, Tuna, for a bit. The woman's husband dabbled in growing plants and he had a blue cactus that I thought was fabulous! I had never seen one that was blue.
These hills are behind my brother's house and the Hollywood sign is on the other side of them. He took me to see the Hollywood sign on my last day there.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

So nice to have someone else cooking all of the meals! It sounds like a week long feast.
We had snow too, not quite as much as yours. We will be getting warmer each day now too.

Vicki W said...

That looks like a lovely trip and they took great care of you! What a surprise to come home to snow!

a Matula ikrek said...

What a fun, interesting and tasty trip it was?!
Because you're worth it! :)