Monday, November 13, 2023

What a weekend - cleaning, yard work and a craft show

I spent most of Friday evening and Saturday until noon cleaning, doing laundry and straightening up for the company that was coming Saturday afternoon. I had made a trip to the grocery store for deli meat for sandwiches and made a lemon ricotta blueberry cake for dessert.
My company was a friend from work who wanted to come over to hang out and help me with some yard work. She is at the home office whereas I am out in the field so we don't see each other that often anymore. We pulled out all the dead marigolds and harvested a lot of seeds.
We sorted the seeds by color so I have orange, yellow, and variegated. We also dead headed the cone flowers and those when in another box. Sara got to use my hand-held battery hand tool for trimming and said she needed to get one of those. She also used a leaf blower for the first time
Sunday I went to a craft show with a friend. Her SIL had a booth so she wanted to go and support her. It wasn't a big show, but we found some good stuff and had a great time talking to all the vendors. This was all our bag on the lunch table.
I bought this cutting board and got to meet the 79 year old lady that make it.
I bought this neck warmer for my sister from my friend's SIL. I need to duplicate this!
Beeswax and some sweets
My friend's haul
Lunch. Ham and potato soup and pecan pie. Look at the size of that slice! All this for seven dollars!
Then look at these beautiful cookies.
I did get the backing washed, dried, and sewn together for the I Spy quilt. It is ready for me to press it. I had thought I would have been farther along, but I was tired. :)

4 comments:

Nann said...

What treasures at the craft fair -- the cutting board is a beauty. How big are the squares for the I Spy quilt? (Now I'll look up the recipe for the blueberry cake.)

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It sounds like it was a fun packed weekend. I haven't been to a craft show for many years. I was a vendor at them for 15 years.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It sounds like it was a fun packed weekend. I haven't been to a craft show for many years. I was a vendor at them for 15 years.

Vicki W said...

What a great friend and a fun weekend!