Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Floss stop, deer, and one more zucchini

There was no quilting last evening. I had a haircut appointment and with the location change for my job it took me 65 minutes to drive to the appointment. Previously it took me 15 - 20. I made good time going home and hit mostly green lights. I did stop at Michael's to get some floss. I got some of the new purples for smalls that I may stitch in the future, the navy and minty green are for finishing two projects, and the rest are for samplers.
When I did finally get home there was a group of deer to greet me. It was a mom and her twins and one other deer that has been hanging out with them lately. The twins have lost their spots and are about 3/4 the size of mom. Gosh they grow fast!
I picked another zucchini and gifted it to a neighbor. There is another one that will be ready in the next day or so. I didn't notice anymore growing, but I think both my neighbors are about done with zucchini so if I don't get anymore that will be fine.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That's a long drive from work to hairdresser. I'm glad the trip home was quick.
The trouble with zucchini is you either get borer worms that burrow up the stem and suck the plant dry or you get an abundant crop that is hard to get rid of.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That's a long drive from work to hairdresser. I'm glad the trip home was quick.
The trouble with zucchini is you either get borer worms that burrow up the stem and suck the plant dry or you get an abundant crop that is hard to get rid of.

Cherie Moore said...

Bummer about the long drive but isn’t it nice to hit mostly green lights :) Like Wanda says with zucchini it’s either feast or famine!