Monday, September 18, 2023

The weekend's accomplishments

I did pretty good this weekend, but it did have it's ups and downs. I did get the flannel quilt quilted and have some of the binding sewn on. Sunday was the quilting and this morning before work was a bit of the binding.
Friday evening and Saturday I was not feeling energetic at all. There was a big tussle at the pharmacy for about a week to try and get my meds from the right manufacturer. It got to the point of taking nothing or taking it from the wrong manufacturer and suffering the side effects. I chose the latter and the side effects hit me Friday and Saturday. I get low grade headaches that come and go, and it sucks all the energy out of me. Saturday I sat most of the day watching some football, home-improvement shows, movies, and stitched on that sampler. I went to bed early and sleep in so Sunday I was feeling a bit better.  Besides quilting on Sunday I went thru the garage and cleaned up the paper from junk mail, etc., made a pot a chili, and then went out back to do some trimming. I had a bunch of weeds with white flowers on them along with random other vegetation that needed cut down. The stems were too thick for a weed wacker, so I got out this
Yes, I had to bend over, but since I was on the slope it made it a bit easier to bend down and give the area a haircut. I drew a line where the weeds started. I still have a bit more to cut back, but first I will have to rake. We need a hard frost to kill the mosquitoes though. I was starting to get bit and it was only 5 PM!
Thirty-five minutes of trimming was about all I could do. I did water a bit and saw that the three jalapeƱos were growing quite nicely.

3 comments:

Kaja said...

I hope your headache has cleared away now. Those nine-patches are so pretty with the blue backing. I think it will be a lovely, restful quilt.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad you had the energy to finish the quilting. I worry every time I see a different manufacturer's name on my prescription but so far no side effects.

Vicki W said...

Kudos on the quilting and yardwork! For someone who didn't feel well, you sure accomplished a lot.