Monday, September 11, 2023

Flannel quilt, cross stitching, and mowing

I am now 50% done with the quilting on the 9-patch flannel quilt.
I didn't get as much done as I wanted to this weekend because my right thigh was hurting bad all day Saturday. I don't know why this pain comes and goes the way it does, because Sunday it was fine. I spent Saturday working in the kitchen, sorting and filing a bunch of cross stitch pictures and charts, watched some football, stitched a bit and kitted up some projects. It hurt to get up, sit down, walk up stairs; if I sat still it didn't hurt.
Sunday my leg felt fine! I spent a few hours working in the kitchen cooking and cleaning. The floor needed a good old fashion down on your hands and knees scrubbing. The grout gets so yucky. Using the steam mop just doesn't clean the grout lines. I had no issues getting up and down off my knees and the knee pads I have worked great. I still need to pull out the fridge and scrub the dining area. It looks a lot better though. It was kind of a mess from all the baking I have been doing. I watched the Browns game and them went out to mow before the mosquetos came out. It took me 85 minutes to get the entire lawn done. The grass in the back yard was really high so with almost every pass I had to empty the bag. Even though it was only 75 degrees, the humidity was 70% so I was sweating like crazy. I have trimming yet to do, but I am glad the mowing is done for at least a week. I never got to cleaning up the garage; no one else is going to do it and it's not going anywhere so I will get to it when I can.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I hope you get your quilting done by the day you want to deliver the quilt.
Those mystery pains are more common the older we get. There must be something that irritates it, some repetitive action or something.
Our grass is starting to grow with the half inch of rain we got last week after 20 days or no rain. It is raining today and almost up to a half inch with more light showers expected.