Monday, September 25, 2023

Binding done and lots of outside work

I managed to get the last 10 inches of binding sewn before I went to work. I will attach a label tonight, make a tote bag for it, and then take a picture of the entire finished quilt to post tomorrow.
Friday I finished stitching that sampler and pulled out the next one. I will show those tomorrow. Saturday I was tired but I forced myself to get a few things done. I had been wanting to shape up the spruce so I got the ladder out and I think it looks so much better.
I noticed that some animal had gotten into the zucchini and torn a piece off that had a tiny little zucchini growing. Grh!
I had been noticing that the deer had been picking at it too so it was time to fence it in since the plant was still producing.
Next it was trimming and mowing the front and one side yard. Then it was onto watering the neighbor's flower pots. They are away for a few days so I am watching over the place. It was interesting to get a different view of my front yard.
After I watered my plants I spent a little time in the garage clearing out this area of everything but the table, the box on the right, the shop vac, and a couple thing leaning against the wall. I wanted to work on this area more, but I was getting tired. This area is my project for the week so I hope to have it in shape by the weekend.
I went inside, watched football, and stitched. I got a phone call late afternoon from the power wash guy to tell me he had a cancellation for Monday afternoon. I said your coming here! So Sunday was all about getting things cleaned up for the power washers. It finally dawned on me that I might be able to use my little chain saw to cut up the stringers from the deck steps so I could pitch them.
The chain saw worked great and I was careful not to hit a nail. That job is done!
While I had the chain saw out I trimmed back the mugo pine so the power wash guy to get to the house.
I had three bags of mulch leaning on the house so I decided to clean up this area where weeds were growing in the mulch. I then dumped the three bags so that got rid of those.
I had to cut back the marigolds since they were right next to the house.
After 4 hours of that I had enough! Got something to eat, turned on the Brown's game, and spent the rest of the day stitching binding.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

I'm exhausted reading about all of that! I do love seeing a house after it's been powerwashed so all that work was worth it!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You are really getting a lot done on the house. I don't know how soon you expect to retire and move but it looks like you will be ready for it.