Friday, September 15, 2023

Glad it is Friday

I now have 100 of the 143 blocks quilted on the 9-patch flannel quilt. That means it is 70% quilted.
I got to go to the job site for the project I am on. We are replacing this bridge.
Here is one of the several footers that will be part of the pier that holds up the new bridge. The hole is 50 - 60 feet deep. The guys were getting ready to fill it with concrete. The red hose is to suck the water off the top of the concrete that gets pushed up as they force the concrete to the bottom of the hole. We didn't stay around to watch as it can get messy.
Then we went over to another place where we have to rework an off ramp.
My plans for the weekend are to get the flannel quilt done and get some trimming done around the backyard. I will need to go to the grocery store as the cupboards are getting bare and to stock up so I don't need to leave the house on the weekends for a few weekends. There will be some football watching and maybe I can spend a bit of time in the garage since the weather is going to be nice. I received a lot of compliments on the chocolate zucchini muffins so I think I will have to make another batch next week.  Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Your company really does huge jobs!
I hope you have a great productive and relaxing weekend. We have possible rain late Saturday into Sunday. We need the rain.

Cherie Moore said...

I’m sure you did get a lot of compliments on the chocolate zucchini muffins-they are DELICIOUS!!!