Thursday, September 7, 2023

More progress on the 9-patch flannel, a cute bowl, and a vintage bundt pan

I got a bit more quilting done on the flannel quilt and I am now 35% done with the quilting. I got the first corner done and turned the quilt 90 degrees. I was glad I got the middle done last week as that will make it easier to get the rest quilted.
Last week when I had my hair appointment, I walked over to the Polish Pottery store after I was done. The pottery is beautiful and a bit on the pricy side so I always check out the markdown shelves. I found this cute bowl. It was around 60% off.
When I was digging around in the garage I found in one of my many boxes of bakeware this bundt pan that I have had a long time. I really never looked at the manufacture until I pulled it out of the box. It is marked Kaiser and was made in W. Germany. I don't remember where I got this pan. I had made several chocolate bundt cakes with it a long time ago. I don't remember what recipe I used and that is a bummer. I will have to dig around and see if I can find it. I do remember this pan made a pretty cake.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I love the Polish pottery bowl. Fancy bundt cake pan. I have never seen one so elaborate.
That was a good idea to get the center quilted first. Now there won't be so much piled into the machine.

Cherie Moore said...

We love Polish pottery, there are so many beautiful colors/patterns. It is pricey but the baking dishes are amazingly easy to clean. I’m guessing there will be a Bundt cake picture soon!