Friday, September 22, 2023

Binding progress and a little less cruddy

I haven't been all that ambitious about getting things done the last couple of days. I now have one long side of the binding hand stitched on the flannel quilt.
I took a walk around the yard last evening and two red poppies greeted me.
I had lunch with a friend yesterday and she brought me a goodie bag! She found this Halloween stock monkey which is just cute as can be! Then she had taken her grands to a huge candy store near Cleveland and brought me the sugar skull tin and the green sugar skull.
The tin had some candies in it and when you push the lever at the side of the green skull it opens up and has a sucker inside.
I think I might have found someone else to build my deck and someone else to power wash my house so yesterday was a good day! I also took it upon myself to clean up a table in the office. I had cleaned the top with Fantastic, but it was still disgusting. I tried out some Soft Scrub with bleach and a scouring pad which looked like it was going to work.
As soon as I got to work this morning, I got the t-shirt rags wet and started scrubbing the tabletop. It is now a lot less cruddy!
My plans for the weekend are to mow, do some more trimming out back, get the binding done on the flannel quilt, make a tote bag for the flannel quilt, and work a bit more in the garage. Looks like there are some weeds that need evicted so I may try to get to those. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...


I'm glad you found someone for the big jobs outside.

We have had mist and drizzle, not steady rain but off and on. We got a half inch in a day and a half. It is too wet outside to do anything so the weeds will just have to grow some more and they should pull out easy.

Vicki W said...

I'm glad you are feeling better and I expect that the quilt is done as I am writing this.