Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Tote bag, power washing, samplers, and fun mail

I didn't get the label on the quilt or a picture taken, but I did get the tote bag cut out.
Things got a little crazy last night. When I got home from work the house had not been power washed. The fellow called and said he got behind on his second job and was 10 minutes away. So while he was setting up the neighbor called me and said he would be over to mow another neighbor's yard since they are on vacation. I needed to trim back a pine tree so he could get his riding mower between the tree and my flower bed. Geeze! So I spent time running around getting the clippers, boots, and gloves so no sewing was going on. Two hours later the house was clean. Here are some before and after pictures
Next big job - that deck. Here is the sampler I finished for Sampler September. The stitched area is 12 1/2" x 6".
The next one I am working on is the Chloe Lincoln sampler whose birthday is 201 years earlier than my sister's birthday. This is how far I have gotten since Saturday. The design at the bottom is what caught my eye.
Here is what it will look like finished.
I also received some fabric. These were on sale. I got several for some projects I have planned.

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

The power washing really makes a difference. Amazing that it doesn't take very long with the right equipment.
Your September sampler is really pretty. I live the variety of colors.

Vicki W said...

Power washing is like magic!

Cherie Moore said...

Oh my, what a difference the power washing made! It looks so much better :). Isnt wonderful to return home and see your house look so good? I can see why the new sampler caught your eye, the bottom part is very cool.