Monday, April 3, 2023

The big show, keyboard bag, re-do, and cross stitch

Friday was the big show and it went well. It is a small place and it was packed. I was standing beside the merch area when I took this picture of the stage
Here are some shots from the balcony
Michael's suit looked good and sparkled just enough! I was busy at the merch booth and sold quite a bit of stuff for the size of the crowd. They were also loving the tote bags.
I had been up since 4:45 am Friday and got to bed at 1:00 a.m. My Apple watch showed I had been standing in some part of each hour for 20 hours. I was tired so Saturday was a rest day for the most part. I did cross stitching most of the day and managed to get the sampler done. It wasn't until I had the border done and started adding the alphabet that I realized I had made a mistake. The border was short by one repeat. Well, I wasn't going to rip all that stitching out so I made it my own, meaning I winged it! LOL!! I like the finish piece and it will go in the pile to be framed. Here is what it was suppose to look like and then my finished piece.
Sunday I was feeling better so I worked on quilting the pieces for that bag I am making for the keyboard. I got the side panels done. They still need trimmed to size
and here is the body of the bag about halfway quilted
I also ripped apart the drape I had made for my brother and added some narrow panels to it. You see how those wires come out the back of the sound board?
Well, the drawing that was sent to me didn't allow any room for those so the drape I made wasn't going to hang the way it was drawn. I had been thinking about this issue ever since I made the drape. I ripped up the two sided of the back panel and added a piece to each side so there would be space for the wires. It was a complete guess on my part, but it has to fit better with the extra space. I will know on Wednesday.
My next cross stitch project will be this piece. My friend asked me to stitch it for someone in her family who is going to France later this year. This is a Blackbird Designs freebie.
I have the border almost done and yes I counted it twice to make sure it was right! LOL!!

4 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

What a fun, exhausting time you had! I love the Souvenir x-stitch....how perfect for the travelers. I have some more bag fabric to send you, I keep forgetting to pack it up! I can imagine how folks like the bags....so much better than plastic.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Michael looks great in the suit. I'm glad he is getting good size crowds for his shows.
I like your version of the sampler better than the original.

Kaja said...

Great save! I agree with Wanda, that your rescued version somehow seems better balanced than the original. Also, that Michael looks great.

Vicki W said...

Michael's suit looks great!