Friday, March 31, 2023

Bag progress, goose encounter, and the big show

I got the pieces all layered up for the two end pieces for the keyboard bag. I need to make this bag a bit heavier, so I am adding a layer of batting.
I have my sketch with the measurements I need to cut for the pieces. I cut all the pieces bigger and will trim them down to size once the pieces are quilted.
I had ordered 2" webbing to make some carrier straps for the keyboard bag on Tuesday. The webbing showed up last night! That was fast! I got a 10 yard hank so I will have leftovers for the next project.
I go for a walk along our road nearly every day and lately all the trash I have been seeing has been bugging me. Yesterday I decided to pick up trash on my walk. There are several ponds along the road so therefore we have a lot of Canada Goose. Well, between Wednesday and Thursday a momma goose made a nest and laid two eggs right beside the road where the most trash was located. At first I didn't see the nest.
As I was picking empty beer and water bottles, momma came over from the other side of the road and she was not happy I was so close to her nest. I mean she came really close to me! I yelled at her and stomped by feet, but she wasn't budging. I finally got the trash and moved on with her following me for a few feet. As I walked up and down the road I could see pairs patrolling where they must have nests. I ended up with 3 - 4 pounds of trash that I won't have to look at anymore.
I will be taking a half day's vacation as we are leaving for the show to set up early this afternoon. The venue is just a short drive away. My other plans for the weekend are to get the keyboard bag done and get back to working on the Harley quilt. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I wouldn't want to be that close to a goose. Our domestic ones used to chase me and nip the backs of my legs when I was little.

Vicki W said...

Be careful around those geese, they will hurt you!