Friday, April 21, 2023

What I have been doing

Thursday I spent some of the day at a conference for employee owned businesses. Every employee is suppose to attend once every three years. I have managed to fly under the radar for 20 years, but not this year. After opening speakers everyone headed to whatever room you wanted to for presentations of different subjects. The rooms were so hot I had a hard time dealing with it after several hours.
The chairs were awful and by the time it was lunch, I was hurting all over. Lunch was good. Chicken, potatoes, veggies (I had already eaten the green beans before I took this picture), good crusty bread, and dessert. Key Lime cheesecake and chocolate fudge cake. I ate the cheesecake instead of a salad (I don't like salad).
Picked up some swag. The koozies are to take this summer to have at the merch booth. Once in a while someone comes over to see if we have any can koozies for sale. There are no plans for selling The Michael Weber Show koozies, so I will have a few I can just give away. That will make someone happy.
I did spend my time at the presentations stitching. I had to have something to keep my hands busy so here is where I was last time I posted and where I am at now. I must have stitched for around 4 hours yesterday and 45 minutes this morning.
Wednesday after work it was so nice outside I ended up spending 1 1/2 hours in the garage going thru stuff to try and find that piece of trim. It wasn't in here
or here
Was it in here?
Nope, but I did empty the bin by tossing some stuff and moving other items where they belonged.
Was it in here or here?
No, but there was room in the orange toolbox to put the electrical stuff. I will need to sort thu the small bits left in the electrical box.



I am running out of places to look, but I am still determined to try and find that piece of trim. My brother called and needs one more of those wireless pouches so I got all the pieces cut.
He also asked for some of the boxy pouches. The ones I have are holiday prints, tennis and tractor prints so I am going to have to make something a bit more pretty to send to him for his wife to give as gifts. Looks like I am going to have a busy weekend with those projects and trying to get a few more Harley shirts quilted. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You might have to take along a cushion meant for pressure relief when you know you are going to have to sit a long time. I would think these event places would invest in comfortable chairs if they want to keep renting out their facility.
I bet that cheesecake was delicious!

Vicki W said...

I used to really hate going to conferences like that. BORING. But at least you could stitch! Have a great weekend. Looks like it will be a busy one!