Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Two steps back, 2010 progress and buttons

Thank you for all your well wishes! I am feeling fine and just have an occasional cough. I won't bother testing since they don't care at work. Yesterday I sent a picture of the latest t-shirt quilt top to the lady who asked me to make this for her son and she came back with some changes. Ugh! She doesn't like three of the backs of the t-shirts and wants me to replace them; they are circled in red. I wanted to start pin basting this, but I guess that will have to wait. 
I worked on the 2010 quilt last night. I needed to add more quilting to this area circled in yellow.  The lavender lines represent the end of the lines that I didn't get quilted last night.
The last area that needs more quilting is this. I drew in the lines I need to quilt.  I am anxious to get this done so I brought it to work on my lunch hour today.
I have been stitching the smalls in this booklet Keeper of the Pins
There was one small that didn't have much stitching on it and was an opportunity to add buttons. Here is the picture of what was in the booklet
Here is my version of that idea. It took me an hour to sew on the buttons. This will be a good project to finish up one evening this week.
I started another one of the smalls. Here is the picture in the booklet and my start.

3 comments:

Kathy S. said...

LOVE how you are working through the book Keeper of the Pins. Your version with the buttons is adorable. I have so many buttons that used to be long to dead realatives that I don't know what to do with them. That could be a tiny start. Glad you are feeling better.

The tomato pins are sooooo cute!

Vicki W said...

Ugh, tshirt quilt drama. That's a bummer. But the little button skull pin cushion is awesome!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It's too bad she didn't give you a heads up on which ones she didn't want used. This is why I don't do commission work...too much stress.