Friday, June 24, 2022

TGIF

Lots of small stuff to talk about. I stitched on the JB piece before work and at lunch time yesterday. I was happy with my progress. I stitch this design in a two step process. First I stitch a line then I go back and stitch the spikes. Here is were I am right now.
When I got home from work my Intruder rodent traps had arrived. Here you can see how much bigger they are than the ones I previously bought. I will use the small ones in the garage for mice. I looked this morning and so far I have not caught anything. I am going to get some sunflower seeds to bait the traps and see if that helps lure those pesky chipmunks to their demise.
While I was out setting the traps my neighbor asked if I would let the internet guys into his house because he had to leave for a surprise party.  Of course I agreed and then looked around for some sewing to work on while I waited.  It turned out the internet guys weren't coming so I could water my plants instead. Before I watered I had to patch another hole in the hose. When I had pulled down the railing I didn't notice that it would fall on the hose. Oops! I got out my Gorilla tape and that fix it.  I bought a new hose this year and made the mistake of buying a medium grade hose.  It is a crappy hose.  Don't know if it will even last one season.  
I did get the replacement t-shirts to replace the backs. Now she wants all four replaced! Geeze! I also got the backing cut to size. I didn't remember that I bought 6 yards of that backing. I plan on using it for the binding too.
I got some fill in work done on the latest Keeper of the Pins small. The tomatoes are filled in so now I will work on the spool.
Good news: #1 My niece's house. The insurance company is taking the bull by the horns and is going to get the mess squared away. What a relief! #2 My covid test is negative this morning! This weekend I plan on getting the t-shirt quilt fixed, pin basted, and hopefully get started on the quilting. I want to get a few more board off the deck and got around the yard to pull any weeds that popped up since last Sunday. I can't believe the 4th of July is right around the corner! Where did June go? Have a great weekend.

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'll be anxiously waiting to see if the traps work.

Kathy S. said...

The spike stitching looks really nice on the JB piece. Woohoo on the negative test. In 2020 I bought a Fat Max hose. It's a very nice quality hose. Unfortunately I left the end of the hose in the little pool I use for the ducks. The silly ducks were a little rough on it with their very, very sharp claws. Luckily from your suggestion of repairing my cracked totes that I got dumpster diving last month with Gorilla tape, I bought my husband a variety of Gorilla tape for Father's Day. I was planning on fixing the hose with that tape this weekend too. Great minds think alike. have a great weekend, Patty.

Cherie in St Louis said...

Your patience for swapping out the T-shirts is amazing. I hope this is a paying customer! I’ll be waiting to see how your chipmunk traps do……do you have an evil laugh when you catch one ?

Kaja said...

June went where the first half of the year had already fled. Tomorrow will be December at the rate it's going!