Thursday, June 30, 2022

Tiny sampler, new project, and the 4th!

Last evening no sewing happened. I had dishes to do, plants to water, and my neighbor came over to put the last coat of mud on my foyer walls. I have been stitching this new little piece. the chart is dated 1983 and I just think it is cute. I am stitching it with my favorite red floss on natural 28 count linen. It measures 3 1/4" x 4 1/2". I have only worked on it a couple hours.
Today a lady I work with brought a quilt that she found at her late great-aunt house. She knows her aunt did not make it, but that it might have been made by her great grandmother. I think I must have influenced her because when she saw it she just couldn't let it go to the auction. I am going to finish it for her. It's a gem. It is all hand pieced very nicely and will be easy to quilt. I will get a picture of the entire top and post it next week. The blocks are 3 inches. Those are some tiny bow ties! I would guess the fabrics are from the 40's. Looks like some feed sack fabric was used.
I am taking a day of vacation tomorrow. The electrician is coming to install a light, I have cookies to make for a 4th of July party, and I need to clean the house because a quilting friend is coming for a couple days. Have a safe and fun 4th of July!

4 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Have a fun long weekend!

Pauline Michaud said...

Happy 4th of July, Patty. I hope you get to enjoy a nice long weekend. We are celebrating Canada Day here tomorrow, and I've taken an additional two days off on Monday and Tuesday. I love that beautiful quilt... can't wait to see it quilted.

Kathy S. said...

The tiny sampler is so cute! LOVE the quilt rescue of the 3.5" bow ties. It's a gem.

Vicki W said...

Sounds like you have a wonderful weekend planned. Have a great 4th!
that quilt is really cute. Glad she saved it.