Monday, June 27, 2022

Trying weekend

Dang I have been tired. I keep pushing though. Saturday I started working on fixing the t-shirt quilt. I needed to replace the back of the safety town shirt with this blue shirt. As you can see the blue shirt motif is bigger than the safety town back.
I ended up tearing out the safety town front so I could trim a bit off the top edge as well as some at the bottom, I trimmed off a bit of the red shirt, and then sew it all back together. Here you can see I got it all fitted back together.
Next was to get this red shirt fitted in where the white back was positioned. Again, the red shirt is bigger than the white.
I trimmed out as much as I could from the front of the white shirt, but that still wasn't enough. I ended up ripping out that orange piece
I trimmed the orange piece and got it fitted back into it's spot.
The next two shirts I had as replacements were about the same size so I only had to trim a little of the shirts that were previously sewn together in order to fit in the replacements. Yes, I ended up having to replace four shirts instead of three. Here is the top all fixed and pin basted.
I stuffed the small that is for my sister's birthday in August. She reads my blog so here is just a bit of what it looks like. I used some vintage hand tatted lace to fancy this up a bit.
I stitched together the four project bags I had cut out last weekend.
I did get a few weeds pulled, but it was so hot and muggy out this weekend I didn't get any more of the deck taken down. Here is a shot of my front flower bed. My coneflowers are so tall this year! They have also finally spread after three years.
I managed to catch two chipmunks this weekend. I had bought some sunflower seed to bate the traps. I also found I needed to wedged the traps between the garage foundation and a rock to make sure they stay in place. A couple of time something flipped the traps shut and evaded being captured. The traps also ended up not where I had place them when they were sprung. The rock helps keep it in place. I think I will move my second trap to another location since I haven't caught anything in it yet. I have caught both in this spot. They run in front of the garage and head around this corner then BAM! The siding j channel helps wedge the trap in place. The rock the trap is sitting on is not flat so the rock to the left helps hold it in place. I always put a pair of gloves on when I empty the trap just because. The handle on the back pops up so it is easy to open the trap and empty it; I don't have to touch the clamping area where the chipmunk was caught. There is no blood or guts thank goodness.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

I'm glad to hear the traps are working. I know one chipmunk family lives under the back porch of the house back to back with me. I see another one coming toward my house sometimes but I haven't seen any sign of a tunnel.

My coneflowers are really tall this year too. Since most of mine are in the partly shady part of the backyard I think they are reaching for the sun.

Vicki W said...

I know you are glad to finally have that quilt read to baste. What a nightmare. Kudos on the chipmunks! I do think they are cute but they are still just rats at the end of the day.