Tuesday, June 7, 2022

2010 quilt, cross stitch, and happy mail

I was tired after work so after I changed the sheets, I sat down and quilted on the 2010 quilt. The blue lines are what was previously quilted and the yellow lines show what I quilted last night. I want to get this one done in June and if I stick to a half hour a day for the rest of the month I believe that is possible.
I worked on the borders and banding for the Sarah Martyn sampler while I was sitting at the merch booth Friday. I made some nice progress. I don't have to count to stitch the borders or banding so if I get interrupted it is not a problem. I will continue to work on the numbers and letters and save the borders and banding for the next show.
I also finished stitching another of the smalls for Keeper of the Pins.
I like to personalize mine so I added the date and the skull.  The dark spot on the D in FED is from some water I accidently dripped on it right before I took this picture. 
Speaking of skulls, look at the happy mail I received yesterday from my sister! She bought me this fabulous skull fabric on her recent trip to Alaska. I already have a project in mind for it. And the gift card - looks like I will be shopping for some cross stitch linen!  She was thanking me for my mad quilting skills for the two baseball quilts.  
I did head outside to water the zucchini and marigolds before I went to bed. The forecast called for rain, but none had fallen. We did get finally get some rain during the night.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Setting goals is sometimes the way to finish a project. Back when I was working I set goals, in retirement they kind of go by the wayside.

Vicki W said...

Yes, I am confident that you will get it done!