Wednesday, June 8, 2022

T-shirt quilt and zucchini

I was really tired after work last night, but I made myself quilt for an hour on the t-shirt quilt. I got the letters outlined, the figure of my nephew stitched around and got some free motion meandering done. I am almost done with the black area in the body of the quilt.
I did take a walk around the yard before it started raining again. I couldn't believe how much the zucchini has grown since I stuck it in the ground only a few days ago. One plant even has a flower!

2 comments:

Kathy S. said...

I was tired today too. I made myself go to the quilt room and sort the whole bin of what I call quilt carnage -- it's the part that is left after I longarm a quilt and trim it. It is now all separated from the batting and the batting was put into the scrap batting bin. Now I'm ready to go out to the garden. I too was amazed how much the pumpkins grew in the past few days. This weather is like a greenhouse right now. Bring on the produce!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

It's amazing how fast plants grow when they have a large area to stretch their roots into.