Monday, June 20, 2022

11th finish for 2022 and where have I been

I finished this on Friday. I made this out of the t-shirts I have worn and sold at my nephew's band merch booth. It is 68 3/4 X 83 1/2".  This is my 11th finish for 2022.
I was told to come back to work today. I am still testing positive for covid. No wonder it is spreading thru the office with positive people being told to come back to work after 5 days! Geeze! Here is my test from this morning.
I only had mild cold symptoms so let's just say I got a lot of stuff done while I was home. Besides the t-shirt quilt I got these smalls finished. The tomato pins I had ordered weeks ago came and they look really cute. I finished stitching two other smalls, but they are for my sister's birthday present so I can't show those until August.
I finished stitching Sarah Martyn
Between Saturday and Sunday I spent almost 8 hours mowing, trimming, and weeding. The yard looks really nice if I do say so! I still need to spread some mulch. Here is one place that was a real mess!
The Shasta daisies are starting to bloom.
A set of twins were born and they were exploring. That snow plow belongs to a friend of my neighbor. He stores it there. Ugh!  I could trim around it as it is partially on my property, but I am not going to.
The roadside day lilies are starting to bloom - well at least the ones the deer haven't eaten.
I worked on the 2010 quilt - it will be done very soon - and cut out some fabric for four more project bags.
I made some of these stuffed dough things - I forget what they were called. I did forget to get some sun dried tomatoes for the filling, but they still were tasty. I was looking for something to make to take on the road when I travel with the band that didn't need refrigeration. I stuffed them with a ricotta and pizza cheese mix, sliced ham and chicken from the deli.
Then on Saturday and Sunday I got the latest t-shirt quilt top sewn together. It measures 71 1/2" x 97 1/2".
I got the batting cut and the backing washed for the t-shirt quilt so I will be working on getting it pin basted this week.

5 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Is the "Michael" t-shirt quilt for you? It is a really nice mix of colors.
Cute babies roaming your yard. Well at least they didn't eat all of the day lilies.
The second T-shirt quilt has a nice variety of shirts, colors and designs. You are ahead of me on finishes so I had better get to it.

Vicki W said...

Looks like you got a lot done! Glad you had very mild symptoms. The quilt turned out great too. Have you decided what will happen with it? We have a couple of new fawns here this year too. They have been really cute to watch.

Pauline Michaud said...

Hi Patty, glad you're starting to feel better, although like you, I struggle with people being asked to return to work after 5 days regardless if they still test positive. I'm glad that your symptoms were mild. Looks like you made good use of your time. I can't believe how tall the ornamental grass has gotten in your front flower bed. The Michael Webber T-shirt quilt you finished looks absolutely awesome. Hope you have a good week at work.

Kathy S. said...

Wow, you did get a lot done. Covid was definitely kind to you. The t-shirts look great. Congrats on your 11 finishes so far thus year.

Linda Garcia said...

I am glad your symptoms were mild. I had it last month and felt like I was run over by a train! At least I am retired and didn't have to go back to work. Your yard looks lovely!