Monday, June 6, 2022

A busy three day weekend

No grass was growing under my feet this weekend! Thursday after work I decided to attack my Lenten Rose bed that I put in two years ago. Grass and weeds needed to be pulled so I could plant my zucchini plants. Three hours later it was weeded, plants planted, and the deer fence installed. Here are the before and after.
I had misplaced my hand shears and had to buy a new pair last year. Well, I found my old ones! Unfortunately, they are toast because they were buried in the dirt in the bed that I weeded. Oops!
Friday morning I made cookies for the band and helpers, then headed to my brother's house to head to Sandusky for the big show. We opened for Lita Ford. I was able to get five more tote bags finished before I left.
We got a great spot to unload and they already had a tent set up for us for our merch table.
I didn't realize how close I was to the lake until later. Here is a shot of the lake from the booth and later I was able to walk over and get this shot of the sunset.
The band did a great job and they loved it when Michael walked out into the crowd. For some unknown reason a fellow handed Michael his leg - this was a first. So Michael went with it and raised it in a very rock n' roll way!
We couldn't tear down the booth or leave until the Lita Ford show was over. I ended up getting bed at 2:30 a.m. I was up at 8; I just couldn't sleep anymore. I decided to run errands and do grocery shopping which took a couple hours. I sewed together 4 more tote bags, did dishes, and worked on the t-shirt quilt. I went outside about 7:30 to give the zucchini plants a drink. My neighbors were getting a fire started and waved me over. It was nice to just relax and talk. They made pizza pockets with these cast iron molds that you stick in the fire. Then we had s'mores for dessert! We had the hockey game on and it was a lovely evening.
There was another fawn that was born in the last few days. Last week I saw this mother chase the other doe and her fawn out of the woods behind my house to have the space for herself. The fawn looked to be maybe a day or two old. Next thing I know they walked around to the front yard then they just walked around the neighborhood.
My sister sent me a picture of the little boy using his log cabin baseball quilt. How cute is that!
Sunday I cleaned house, did laundry, washed the kitchen floor and worked on the t-shirt quilt. I only have this corner of the quilt to quilt and then it will be on to the binding.
To finish off my weekendI mowed the front yard and one of the side yarda, then I finally stuck the tray of marigolds I bought weeks ago in the ground. They looked like they are on their last leg and I am not sure if they will survive. The roots still looked good though. When I dug each hole I filled the hole with water then stuck the plant in and backfilled. I will have to make sure I water them every night. Let's see if any survive!

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

I hope you were able to sit in the booth because I don't think you sat down the rest of the weekend except for dinner with your neighbors!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

Maybe you will get the rain we had all morning and won't have to water the Marigolds. We're supposed to have more rain this evening after 1" this morning.