Tuesday, June 28, 2022

T-shirt quilting and guitar wall hanger cover

Good grief my evenings fly by so fast. It doesn't seem like I can get much done when I get home from work before it is time to hit the hay! I spent a bit of time in the kitchen then headed to the studio. I now have the first t-shirt almost all quilted. I ran out of bobbin thread and called it a night.
I received a text invite to a 4th of July party! How fun is that? I have needed to make the host of the party some covers for his guitar wall hangers.
I don't know what brand of hangers he has, but the issue is the hangers interact with the finish on the guitar and the guitar finish peels off. I had made a bunch of hanger covers for my nephew and now this fellow who helps out with the band wants some. I didn't have any fur fabric like I used before, but I found some nice thick waffle weave sweatshirt weight fabric in my stash. I had the dimensions for the one's I made my nephew
so I whipped up one. I mailed this one to the fellow this morning and hopefully he gets it quickly so I can make a few more for him and take them to the party with me. The one I sent him is slightly different from this one; the spaces where the forks of the hanger go are thinner and the space between the forks is a bit wider.  I forgot to take a picture of the revised cover.

4 comments:

Ann said...

The hanger covers will be greatly appreciated. I never knew they were necessary. Good for you, Patty.

Vicki W said...

That's cool that you can make the covers but you would think that the people who make the hangers would have figured out there was a problem with them!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

In the summer with it being light so much later it seems like bedtime comes so much quicker (11:30 p.m. for me). I am usually out pulling weeds around 7:30 or 8 p.m. and it is still light after that. Not complaining because we love or daylight for gardening.

swooze said...

You are so clever. Hope the covers work for him :)