Sunday, January 31, 2021

A good January of finishes; Harley quilt progress

I had a good month with five finishes, two of those being old UFOs, and getting the Harley quilt well underway. To recap - quilted and bound two baby quilts
Finished the GB piece that had been hanging around since Feb. 2015
Made this t-shirt quilt for a woman I work with. It is for her son. Thanks to everyone for your compliments on this quilt. Heidi D. - you are a no-reply bloger, but I thank you for your comment!
Then I finished this other UFO that had been left unfinished since around 2013 or 2014. I had to quilt the black stripes in rows 2-8 and the yellow accents.
I figured out how far along I was with the Harley quilt. This one seems to be going slow. I must have picked every t-shirt that had the most detailed designs on them! Since I outline the lettering and the designs, it has been slow going. I did figure out I am 34% done with the quilting which I am very happy about. I have circled the shirts quilted in yellow and the one in the center circled in orange is partly quilted. That the hardest one to get to so once that one is done it is downhill from there!

3 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You had a great month of finishes! A good mix of older and new ones.

You are way ahead of the deadline for the Harley quilt aren't you? The center blocks are always the hardest to maneuver and a sigh of relief when they are done.

Kaja said...

A great month indeed - if I had done that much, I'd be done for the year!

Ann said...

What a productive month you had, Patty. Your eye for color is superb. I'm glad you cleared some of your backlog. Enjoy the snow.