Wednesday, January 20, 2021

Busy day

First, thank you all for your kind comments on my GB piece. This next quilt is not any dramatic design, but it has significance. I have made a Harley quilt every year for the past 5 years to donate to a poker run that is run by a lovely lady. The money raised is donated to charity in remembrance of her daughter who was killed in a car accident. This year is the 11th year since she passed, thus the two columns with colored t-shirts will be the number 11. Last year I made an X with the colored t-shirts for 10 years and a hug. I got the center column sewn together.
I also have been working on the 2010 quilt. I have tried to spend a few minutes every day quilting  on it this week. It is not a big quilt so if I keep at it I might have this done in a few weeks.
I decided to treat myself to some chocolate. I haven't had any Malley's chocolate for a long time. My SIL always buys me a rabbit for Easter, but we didn't have an Easter get together last year because of the pandemic and this year looks to be the same. I had no intention of buying two bags, but if you bought the first bag at full price the second bag was only five bucks. I couldn't walk away from that deal! LOL!!!
Add computer work for my job and a doctor's appointment - it was a busy day.

1 comment:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You can never have too much chocolate!