Monday, January 4, 2021

Progress on the t-shirt quilt and this year's UFO/to-do list.

I had a lot of computer work to do so the only work I got done today on the t-shirt quilt was to take out the hems of the neck scarves.
I did get my UFO/to-do list for 2021 together as far as quilting goes. Items 10 thru 14 are new. I have another list for things I need to finish around the house. I hadn't updated this list in several years. I do like to tape pictures of my UFO/to-do projects on a door so in case I can't think of what to do next I can just look at the door!
1. Amish diamond 42" square I made this many years ago

2. Hand dyed striped quilt 74" x 85" When I was cleaning up on 1/4/2015 I found this quilt and had forgotten that I had not finished quilting all the black stripes.

3. Log Cabin quilt - this is the second large quilt I had pieced. I had started to hand quilt this and it kept getting pushed aside. After two moves and several home remodels, the quilt was filthy and back then I used the batting that was available - polyester. I took out the hand quilting, washed the top and back, and plan to machine quilt this. This is my oldest UFO - 30+ years - and yes, I am going to get 'er done! 

4. Improv musical quilt - queen sized - I have started quilting this, but had to put is aside.

5. Log cabin hand dyed fabric - look at the date - 2010! I don't remember the challenge I made this for, but I am way pass the entry date for sure!  I started hand quilting this in 2020.

6. Black and white star top - queen sized




7. 90" x 99" 


8. Red lips 30" x 43"

9. Make some quilts out of Dad's clothes made one quilt for Kathy finished Sept. 2016. I need to make several more.





9. Gee's Bend workshop piece
10. T-shirt quilt for A. Smith
11. Harley quilt for the 11th annual poker run. Here is my box of shirts I will work from. They are leftovers from previous years.
12. Finish this Christmas stocking for my sister's daughter
13. Make a flannel quilt for a fellow that helps out with my nephew's band.
14. Wall hanging made with Jimmy Buffet t-shirts. Needs the embroidery finished, then bound.
15. Finish cutting up the scraps in these two bins
then make lots of quilts out of all the scraps I have been cutting!

7 comments:

Cherie in St Louis said...

I like the idea of tacking up pictures of UFO/projects underway. I’m a visual person and if it’s in a box or a drawer, well I just won’t remember it. Once we have moved, I’ll take pictures as I unload. Excellent idea!

Pauline Michaud said...

Patty, what a great idea about putting up the project pictures on the door... I really like that idea! Lots of interesting projects you have going. My goal for this week is to put away the Christmas decorations (I left them up longer than I normally do so my mother-in-law has something to look at and enjoy). I'll take care of that this week and then hoping to work on my quilting projects again. I start back at the quilt shop this Thursday evening and Saturday.

Frog Quilter said...

You are quite ambitious. Love watching your progress.

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

That is an ambitious list. The really old ones are the hardest to go back to. I have one I signed on the front 1989 and it keeps nagging me to finish it.

Kaja said...

I don't know if project pictures would encourage me or discourage me, but I have absolute confidence in your ability to work through them.

Ann said...

Good projects and great idea to pin reminder photos. I recognize some scouting neckerchiefs in one t-shirt project. A couple of your projects seem pretty close to completion and should be quick finishes. Maybe. But my favorite is the Gee's Bend improv.
Good luck!

swooze said...

Great list! I should do something similar.