Sunday, January 10, 2021

Progress on both the GB and t-shirt quilts

I finished the machine quilting on the Gee's Bend piece. I was thinking about adding some hand quilting, but does it really need it? I know where the scraps are from making this. I hope I have enough big enough pieces for the binding.
I have the t-shirt quilt two thirds pin basted. I will probably finish tonight while I watch football. I dug thru my quilting threads and I have plenty of the right colors so it is full steam ahead! The one thing I don't have is dark purple fabric for the binding.  

5 comments:

Mary Marcotte said...

I love, love, love the Gee's Bend piece! What a beauty!

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You can always add some hand quilting for a little decoration later to that quilt. It would be a good project when you want to just sit.

Vicki W said...

I think you could add hand quilting but it might take away focus from the signatures. Working from home is working great for you!

Ann said...

Your Gee's Bend quilt is still a favorite of mine. Every glimpse is a joy. Congrats on getting the machine quilting done. And on your progress with the t-shirt quilt, too.

Kathy S. said...

This is such a fun piece. I think it would look good with some red stitched hand quilting. I love all the straight lines.