Tuesday, January 19, 2021

3rd finish for 2021; 1st UFO done

The Gee's Bend quilt is done! I got to put a big black X thru the picture that I have hanging on my door of all my UFO projects. One done; 14 to go!
I mended the sleeves of three shirts finally. I always seem to wear my polo shirts out in this area.
The deer gathered in the back yard today. I threw them a few apples that were going bad; they ate them. The adult doe looked like she was pregnant and she ate two of them. I know I shouldn't feed them, but I did.
When I got back home after a long walk, I made a pot of chicken soup with broth and chicken that was leftover from cooking two chickens a few days ago. I was in a hurry and hungry, so I microwaved the celery to get it soft quickly. I like these Sobo noodles, but I only put in the serving I plan on eating. They only take one minute in simmering broth to cook. The noodles are delicate and I don't think they would stand up to being reheated.
I also got started on this year's Harley quilt. This will be the 11th anniversary of the death of Andrea Torres so I am leaning to arranging the t-shirts into columns which end up with an 11.

3 comments:

Pauline Michaud said...

Congratulations on finish #3. I really like this quilt. It looks awesome and does reflect the style of quilts from Gee's Bend. You must be happy with this finish. If you keep this up, you'll finish 52 projects in 2021!

Vicki W said...

Yum, Chris is making homemade chicken rice soup for us tomorrow.

Kaja said...

Hooray for a finish. I really like this one a lot - it has that lovely free-flowing feel to it that is so pleasing on the eye. I think I would feed the deer too.