Sunday, January 3, 2021

A new project

A woman I worked for at the hospital job wants me to make a t-shirt quilt for her son. She gave them to me before Christmas so I am just now getting to them. Besides t-shirts there are neck scarfs from when her now grown son, who is a pharmacist, was a Boy Scout. I got the shirts cut up and interfaced today. I threw them up on the design wall to try and figure out how to make sense of 7 t-shirts and 6 neck scarfs.
I will need to make borders so I interfaced the leftover pieces of the t-shirts. I still have the sleeves that I can interface if I need more fabric for the borders.
This is the type of iron-on interfacing I use. It is lightweight and is inexpensive if you get it on sale. I usually buy it from JoAnns. Right now beside this bolt, I have two more full bolts on hand.
I think I will add some improv borders similar to this t-shirt quilt I made back in 2017.
This new quilt will be the 33rd quilt I have made with t-shirts and/or clothing.

2 comments:

Exuberantcolor/Wanda S Hanson said...

You are amazing. Your T-shirt quilts have such personality and I'm sure the owners of them are very happy with them. I have never made a T-shirt quilt and don't intend to do one. As a custom seamstress I worked with many types of fabrics and now I just want to work with quilting fabric.

Vicki W said...

Oh yes, improv borders will add a lot of interest to all that navy blue.